In my talk I will present two projects that deal with designing infrastructures for human cooperation. The first one — The Format Project — studies cultural formats of cooperation. The other one is a more practical, production-oriented approach of designing a new technological protocol for collaboration — opp.io. How does a research, concluded from a more cultural perspective, inform the design of a technological solution?
I think this conference will contribute so much to the Budapest design scene. I am as excited as I was in 2006 before the Re: Activism conference where Wikipedia founder Jimmy Wales, Creative Commons founder Lawrence Lessig and Yale (now Harvard) professor Yochai Benkler were in present.
I can’t wait to hear
- Étienne Mineur of Éditions Volumiques,
- Amid Moradganjeh of Square Mountains (formerly at IDEO and Google),
- Michael Seifert of Jung von Matt,
- Jack Schulze of BERG,
- Mike Tucker of Universal Everything,
- Julia Laub of onformative and
- of course Fabio Sergio of frog design.
THE LINEUP IS REALLY-REALLY AWESOME so if you haven’t purchased your ticket yet, do get it now!